Thanks to everyone who entered our haiku competition – this competition is now closed and we’ve announced a winner!
Here at Print Express, we work with a wide range of creative people, from designers to authors. While this blog does tend to focus quite heavily on the former (it is named DESIGN after all), we do still love working with story tellers. In the past we’ve had a ton of positive feedback from running writing competitions and poetry competitions, and today we wanted to do something a little bit different: we’re announcing our first ever haiku competition.
A haiku (or at least, a traditional haiku) is an extremely minimalist form of poetry that’s made up of three lines: the first line having 5 syllables, the second line having 7 syllables and the third line having 5 syllables. For example:
You could win a prize
Send over your best haiku
Good luck everyone
Our haiku competition is completely free to enter, open to everyone and the winner will receive £100 in Amazon vouchers. Of course, there are some rules:
– The haiku has to follow the 5/7/5 syllable structure
– It has to be family friendly (i.e. no swearing!)
– It has to be your own work
– Only one entry per person (so choose your best haiku!)
– By entering, you retain full copyright but give us a non exclusive license to publish it on our website (note: we will only publish the winning entry)
– It’s free to enter and open to all
To enter, email your haiku over to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for entry is October 31st, 2016 and the winner will be announced shortly after. Good luck!